MyHealth has started to collaborate directly with several EU iniatives related to Health and Migrants, here below a few very nice and important initiatives:
"Knowledge identity KILT language tools”
- Objective: The KILT project is based on the observation of difficulties experienced by health and social workers with regard to personal relationships with people they support. This, to allow these professionals in establishing the most efficient human relationships possible, respectful of the intrinsic socio-cultural characteristics of the people they work with: Roms in Slovakia, immigrants in Bologna, Barcelona and Edinburgh, the elderly and dependent in the mountainous valleys of the Basque Country, etc. (VHIR)
Relationship of psychosocial environment of adolescents and mental health (REPASAME)
- Objective Analyse the conditions of the psychosocial environment of adolescents (12-17 years) from a foreign country and of the health mental of this population group at the beginning of an immigrant population cohort in Barcelona and Alicante and the influence of the change of determinants on health problems during follow-up.
International Latino Research Partnership
CARE — Common Approach for Refugees and other migrants’ health
- Objective: Sustain the health of migrants within the hotspots and migrants’ centres, produce evidence based instruments to manage health threats and syndromic surveillance, offer a way for tracking migrant’s health on the move, produce training and information material for health staff and general public as well as intervene into the public/private relationships to promote a new governance model for migration public policies.
Prometheus: Identification and Rehabilitation of Victims of Torture In Greece
- Objective: Reinforcement of the ability to identify and assess victims of tortures in Greece; improvement of the access to treatment, psychosocial support and legal services
- Workshop held during the monthly international women‘s breakfast where we reflected together about migration, identity and intercultural society.The women selected the pictogramas that best symbolized their social participation, talked about it and transferred it into a cloth bag so as to carry the image of migration out in the public space.
2014-15 North Station
- Two workshops were carried out with eight women and five men from China, Denmark, Djibouti, Germany, the Netherlands, Portugal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, the UK and Uruguay in Solfred-Laksevag and Room8, Bergen. A total of 66 drawings were made, and this led to a series of 18 pictogram
2014 Stimme der Bilder
- From July 21st 2014 to August 10th 2014 large-format banners with pictograms by Migrantas will be on display at five locations in Berlin. The empty speech bubbles on the banners provide people in Berlin with the space to answer these questions. The results of this urban action will be shown as part of an exhibition held on International Human Rights Day on December 10, 2014
2013 Piktogramme im Stadtraum
- Students of the university and asylees took part in the workshop. Six pictograms were the result of the sereal drawing done in the workshop. Cloth bags were printed with the pictograms wich were offered free to the visitors at the Schloß Mirabel
- MASELTOV researches for and develops enabling technologies with the industrial potential to easily exploit and scale up the prototypical user shares within the embedment of already existing successful services with worldwide user coverage. The project with its scientifically, technically and socially relevant results will enable a massive social impact on the future with respect to more cooperative – more successful – integration of millions of (im)migrants living together with hundreds of millions cohabitating European citizens.
Future Digital Inclusion— Learn My Way— Staying Healthy Module
- Learn My Way is the online learning website provided by Tinder Foundation for UK online centres learners, and it's designed to make getting online easy. It’s perfect for those without basic online skills, or for those looking to improve their existing digital knowledge
ESOL for Health
- MRC integrated English Language for Speakers of other Languages for health as part of its English Language classes offer
- Objective: produce an innovative roadmap for implementation of sex and gender in biomedicine and health research & create a European Gender Health Network. The EIWH was responsible for the WP on Dissemination&Communication and organisation of two workshops in Brussels on Medicines Regulation and Medical Education
- Objective: Aims to build a European system for the evaluation of safety of medication use in pregnancy in relation to the risk of congenital anomalies.
CHRODIS: Joint Action addressing chronic diseases and promoting healthy aging
- Objective: Identify, validate, exchange and disseminate good practice on chronic diseases across EU Member States and to facilitate its uptake across local, regional and national borders. The focus is health promotion and primary prevention as well as the management of diabetes and multi-morbid chronic conditions
ENS4Care: eHealth services in nursing and social care
- Objective: The development of evidence based guidelines for the implementation of eHealth services in nursing and social care, building on existing good practices amongst the participants of the Network, sharing and transferring knowledge across European regions. The ultimate goal of ENS4Care is the establishment of a sustainable mechanism to support nursing and social care research in the field of ICT enabled integrated care.
ENGENDER: good policy models and support information for gender policies
- Objective: Development of a database on models of good practice on promoting gender equity in health for men and women ; produced 6 policy briefs on issues relating to gender and health and organised the EU parliament launch of the project results
ASSET: science n society in epidemics and total pandemics
- Objective: The EIWH role in ASSET is to look at gender issues in Pandemics and Epidemics and complete a literature review on sex and gender in Pandemics and Epidemic
KILT (Knowledge Identity Language Tools)
ROMA - Matrix — Multicultural Action Targeting Racism, Intolerance and Xenophobia
FER 2008-2013: SALUT-ARE
ORAMMA : Safe journey to motherhood
- The ORAMMA project develops an integrated, mother and woman centered, culturally oriented and evidence based approach for all phases of the migrant and refugee women perinatal healthcare, including detection of pregnancy, care during pregnancy and birth, as well as support after birth. This approach implemented by multidisciplinary teams of experts, namely midwives, social workers and general practitioners, with the active participation of women from migrants and refugee communities, ensures a safe journey to motherhood.
- Mig-HealthCare aims to reduce health inequalities and improve the health care services for migrants and refugees, through research and the development of tools to facilitate the implementation of community based care models.
Re-Health2 - Implementation of the Personal Health Record as a tool for integration of refugees in EU health systems
- has the overall objective to contribute to the integration of newly-arrived migrants and refugees, including those to be relocated, in the EU Member States’ health systems through the utilization of the PHR/e-PHR - a universal EU tool for health assessments that aims at improving the continuity of care, making medical records available to health professionals within and from reception to destination countries, and facilitating data collection to better understand and meet migrants’ and refugees’ health needs as also through supporting and fostering use of and capacity-building of health mediators. Ultimately, the project will contribute to the EU Digital Strategy by demonstrating the feasibility and limitations of such a system, which then can, if positive, be further up taken /taken in to consideration by e-(Health) EU related entities
This section is a lively one, we will complete it each time a new partnership or collaboration is foreseen.